Cross Country Meets April 19, April 26 and May 3.
Cross country is off to a great start and our first meet is quickly approaching. All meets take place at Centennial Park and begin at approximately 3:30.
Runners will be dismissed as usual by their classroom teacher at 2:48. Please arrive by 3:15 so your child has time to sign in and participate in the warm up. Parents/Guardians are responsible for arranging transportation to and from the meets. We appreciate your support in supervising your child(ren) while at the meet as staff will be busy assisting at the start/finish line, marshaling, and providing general supervision.
Meet Dates (all at Centennial Park)
● Wednesday, April 19th (race order - 3, 4, 5)
● Wednesday, April 26th (race order 4, 5, 3) - We are one of the host schools for this meet and will need volunteers to marshal along the route. If you are able to help, please listen for the announcement asking volunteers to come to the finish area where you will be given a vest and further instructions.
● Wednesday, May 3rd (race order 5, 3, 4)
What to do when you arrive at Centennial
● Students sign in at the Brentwood sign
● Wait patiently in that area until the warm up and your race
● All students are expected to wait by the Brentwood sign until they have run their race. We do not want students running over to the finish area.
● After your race, there will be a Brentwood staff member at the finish line. Give them your pinnie.
● Return to the Brentwood sign until you are signed out by your supervising adult.
What to bring
● Proper running shoes
● Water bottle
● Appropriate clothing for running and the weather
● A hat and sunscreen if we are lucky enough to need them
The most important thing is for the kids to have fun and demonstrate excellent sportsmanship and behaviour at all times. Brentwood students have always made us proud in this area and we have no doubt they will continue to do so.